Monday, December 29, 2014

SIGNALS

POEM


Held up on the tracks of life
I am waiting for the
red signal turn green
for the train of life
proceeds ahead to reach
my destination in the
peak hours of the morning.
The boss would remind me,
once in a while its okay
but whenever I evolve into a chronic absentee
as punishment I will have to
suffer loss of leave.
The gentleman or for that matter
the gentle lady who is
seated conveniently in the chair
in the air-conditioned cabin
need not find out
the reason for one
to reach the office.
I often wonder
the gentleman or for that
gentle woman doesn’t seems like
experiencing the hazards
of travelling if and when purchasing ticket for the
first class compartment
early in the morning by
catching the train or own car
arrive at the office.
On the whole a
human-being’s
commuting start from
faraway station and often
I have lost counting how
many red and green signals
are to be obeyed for the
train of life to reach
the destination…

No comments: