Friday, February 20, 2015

SOLITUDE


POEM

Leave me alone, I love loneliness.
I don’t have a companion
either a pretty lady nor a vibrant youth.
Keeping the doors shut
switching on the lights and fan
and keeping the windows opened
a hectic schedule awaits me
by way of reading and writing.
Occasionally, yes occasionally
in the night
I walk to the windows and
enjoy cool winds blowing
thru the windows
and the moonlight and starry 
nights host me
a visual feast  as long as  I like.
When I feel like drowsing
I walk toward my bed.
Under the rapid revolution of fan
I lie and fall asleep.
Memories rush out
keeping no pattern
which move back and forth
make me pleasant and sad
everything depend.
Now that after treading
a long path full of thorns and craters
I am here.
In the beginning I did
have friends galore
and with the passage of time
they left me - one by one
leaving me in the lurch.
The boredom and agony of existence
pestered me for a prolonged
period and I have learnt
to fall in love with it with the days passing by.
Now I have come
to the realization that solitude
is my intimate

friend in the coming days……

No comments: