Wednesday, October 28, 2015

SUM TOTAL OF ONE’S EXISTENCE


POEM

Sitting by the side
of a calm and quiet pond
the transparency of
which could reflect
the blue sky up above
with no ripples whatsoever
to upset the calm and silent waters.  
I was enquiring myself
the sum total of my existence
on the face of the earth.
With no answer forthcoming
with despair and gloom in my eyes and face
I left the spot.
Wish I possessed
a device to measure the sum total of
my existence.
I am seated at a secluded place
where peace and tranquility reign  supreme.
But no my  inner self intervened
and whispered in my ears :
It is too early to
calculate the sum total of my existence
since it is not in my  domain
but in the hands of posterity
and that I should have
to traverse a long path
so as to enable the coming generation

to measure the sum total of my existence………

No comments: