Tuesday, July 20, 2010

CITY MAN

SIGNAL

Excuse me, boss
A bit late today
Not my fault, boss,
Local held up on the tracks,
between Mahalaxmi and Mumbai Central.
Signal failure, boss
Took time for the red to
Turn green.
Happens, boss,
Occasionally
Not my fault.
System failure, Boss
-----------Thank you, Thank you very much
Kind of you,
Very nice of you
Great man you,
Grateful I remain.

CROWD-PULLER

Excuse me, boss
A bit late today,
Not my fault, boss
Actually,
Locals very crowded,
Alarmingly crowded,
Like Kosi river in spate
Tried my best
To head into each of them,
Attempts,
Futile all,
Locals are ‘crowd-pullers’
Boss, all you are aware of
You much senior to me
In this crowded,
Congested city,
The hustle and bustle,
Hoots and toots,
Concrete forests everywhere,
Pickpockets, thugs and goons,
Prostitutes, fornicators, paedophiles,
Underworld on the prowl,
All you are aware of boss.
---------Thank you boss,
Thank you very much,
Kind of you, very kind of you
Nice of you
Great man you,
Really great.
Grateful to you,
Grateful I remain,

ABSENTEE

Excuse me, boss,
Couldn’t make it yesterday.
Not well
Rainy season, know?
Cold and cough.
Polluted and congested city this.
Couldn’t make it boss.
Medical certificate?
Medical and fitness both-
All with me boss,
Available both in plenty,
Can purchase on a
Whole-sale basis…
Quite cheap, boss,
Quite cheap,
Free-market blessing, boss
Sounds funny yeh?
Unbelievable? Yeh?
Truth, naked truth, boss
-----------Thank you boss
Thank you very much,
Kind of you boss
Very nice of you,
Great man, you
Very great,
Grateful I remain.

No comments: