Saturday, February 23, 2013

SOME POSSIBILITES IN LIFE


During my leisure moments
reclining comfortably  in my chair 
I happen
listening to the trains blowing -
the conch shells far-away
it is sort of mild musical
waves flowing to me from afar
that much distance there between the
trains and me
which chugging along
either to the South or to the north
either to the east or to the west.
During those moments
it is my pleasure to
think about some possibilities in life
like
among the travellers
at least  one or two familiar faces
might be there in any of the compartments
sometimes singular
sometimes plural.
My imagination develops wings
and  like a bird flapping wings 
my memories fly back to the 
happier days,  
when I too was a regular commuter
in my younger days.
Those were times
when I had
several friends
and relatives
commuting with me.
Now that 
I am far, far away from
them a feeling of being
left alone haunts me.
Like the frequently changing scenes
in a poem portrayed in celluloid
those faces appear
before my mind
renew the camaraderie
I once had with them.
Sometimes, while
travelling through my land
those familiar faces
might be, must be recalling me
sometimes, yes sometimes
thus I wish, thus I hope
it is after all a pleasure and pain
at the same time.   


No comments: