Saturday, June 20, 2015

CONFIRMED DRUNKARD


POEM

My wife is normal.
And I am a bit abnormal.
Being abnormal is sort of madness.
Yes, normal and abnormal
coincide in our
relationship barring a few instances.
Sometimes my friends
organize a party
despite my reluctance
fearing my wife
since she is allergic to liquors
and detests me taking liquors.
Occasionally in a
fit of inebriation
late into the night
skipping her supper
she awaits me and  
throws tantrums
beating her chest
and two rivers of tears
flowing down her face.
Even the sleeping
neighbours wake up and come out
and ring the calling bell
which forces me to open the door
who play the role of mediators
and try to pacify my wife
which is an ardous task
and go back to their flats.
Such nights are troublesome nights,
disturbing nights 
since she weeps silently
non-stop until  she lapses into slumber.
The days on which
I, along with my friends celebrate  
and reach the flat drunk after midnight
grinning and thinking about her
throwing tantrums
and awakening the
our friends of neighbouring flats
to attempt a ceasefire and succeed
in their venture
I tell myself :

‘she is like a confirmed drunkard’. 

No comments: