Thursday, September 17, 2015

*MAYA


POEM

Many a time I have seen her
in the metro at different places,
different moments.
Enthralled by her bewitching beauty
an intense desire
overwhelmed me, overtook me
to get in touch with her.
Many a time upon seeing her
our eyes get locked
she would hang her head
without even casting a smile at me.
Many a time I find time to pursue her,
with the intention of
knowing her whereabouts,
where she goes, where she resides,
where she works if she works somewhere,
each time she performs a vanishing act
pushing me to the ditch of disappointment.
Is she a character from a fairy tale,
is she my illusion
sometimes I feel.
Once, when our eyes met
she cast a smile at me,
a captivating, bewitching,
fascinating smile it was
and it was no surprise
that I was elated, rejoiced
and elevated
to an ethereal world.
When I crossed the street,
to have one or two sweet words with her
she hurriedly caught a taxi
and sped away……
Now I feel
whether like me
she too is pursuing me.
Anyhow I am sure
we would meet again in the metro
at different places,
different moments……..

*Illusion

No comments: