Saturday, November 19, 2011

CAUGHT IN A JAM

On a summer day afternoon
while the sun was showering
fire from the sky
with an empty burning
stomach like a furnace
I was caught in a traffic jam.
I didn’t have not even
a drop of water to quench my thirst
my mouth was going dry
my throat was going dry
my vehicle was shivering
like a fever patient
needles of fire pierced
my skin
I got drenched in sweat
and was at a loss to
know what to do.
My front, back and sides
were jammed with vehicles
all waiting for the signal
but no
after about an hour
I felt tired like
a faded flower under the
burning sun,
darkness like a black ribbon
covered my eyes and
I was slowly losing
my consciousness
when the vehicles started
blaring horns
yes, the signal had turned
green
I was helpless
to start the engine.
With my head resting on
the steering wheel I sat
unconscious.

No comments: