Monday, November 28, 2011

SKY ON EARTH

With the fall of dusk
that day
a glow-worm flew in
to the room from outside.
With curiosity etched
in my mind
I caught the glow-worm
and held it in my hand.
I could see it emitting
light between
my fingers
and after a few minutes
I let it free
but no, it rested there
without flying.
With a pleasant surprise
I was watching it
emitting light around
then I saw a
number of glow-worms
flying in and all of
them rested here and
there on my body
like stars in the sky.
They rested there
and I watched them with
a sense of wonder
and a bit of my embarrassment.
As the time ticked away
I fell into a deep slumber.
When I awoke late in
the morning
all of them had disappeared.
But in the evening
with fall of dusk
all of them flew into
the room emitting light
and rested here and there on
my body.
I wondered whether I am
the sky on earth.

No comments: