Tuesday, December 20, 2011

HIS IDENTITY

One day in broad daylight
four strangers came to
our flat
all well-built, sturdy, muscular
in their early thirties.
They wanted Idikula
who was inside the room
reading something.
I called him
he came out and
upon seeing the four
his face turned grim
like a dying flower.
He told them to
wait for some seconds
and after getting dressed
he came out.
I sat flabbergasted
and looked at him.
He didn’t say anything
but gave me a sad smile
and he told me
he would be back
by the evening.
He didn’t turn up in the
evening nor in the morning
evenings and mornings came
and went
but no sign of him so far.
Totally distressed
I went to the police station
to lodge a complaint
and the police wanted me
to have them Idikkula’s photo.
There was none left.
The police was helpless
and told me how come
without an identity
they could trace him
in a big city like this.
They added such missing
instances are common in the city.

No comments: