Saturday, December 17, 2011

SELFLESS SERVICE

Come to me, hey traveler
come to me.
You are always welcome
I shall protect you
from the burning summer heat.
The giant green umbrella that
I am
since centuries
protected and still
protecting
thousands of travelers who
who pass along the way
infront of me.
I have never demanded any reward
from them
and never will I demand
any reward.
This is my life-long mission
and this will continue to be my
life-long mission and
I will enable the
travelers who come to me
to enjoy my loving care
and comfort.
But I know
for sure
those who
enjoyed my love
care and protection
will turn my eliminators
in the long run.
The winds blowing
from afar convey the message
to me about the impending
danger to our ‘tribe’
in these modern times.
But it will never deter me
from continuing my
life-long mission of selfless service.

No comments: