Friday, July 27, 2012

A MYSTERY


In my childhood days
during rainy seasons
our village skies turned
cloudy and dusky
with the thick
darkness swallowing the
entire village like
a python swallowing its
victim.
A heavy downpour was
the result
which was often incessant
lasting for weeks.
The morning sun
the starry moonlit nights
playing truant for weeks
we longed for the
rains to stop
dark clouds to fade away and
for the sky to turn blue
as in the summer season.
When I started demanding
the appearance of the Sun
moon and stars
my grandpa 
would shout to a
person ‘hey anonymous
anonymous
let us have our
sun, moon and stars back
restore our blue sky’
I could neither see
anonymous nor his/her voice
whether grandpa
had ever seen him/her
whether he had heard
his/her  voice,
I know not.
Anonymous responded to
my grandpa’s pleas within seconds
by stopping rains
by wiping out the clouds
and darkness like a student
erasing the words written by a pencil
turning  the sky bright and blue.
With the sun during the day
starry, moonlit nights
in the night
with brimming joy and delight
I jumped up, up, up and down, down, down clapping my hands.
Grandpa later left to
his heavenly abode
with him ended the magic of
anonymous.
During rainy seasons
lasting for weeks
I followed into the food-steps
of Grandpa and shouted
‘hey anonymous, anonymous
let’s have our sun back
bestow upon us
moon-lit, star-lit nights’.
No response
was forthcoming.
Who was this anonymous
to where he/she vanished
still a mystery…
naughty Grandpa
naughty anonymous…..     

No comments: