Wednesday, July 25, 2012

MY DESTINY


I was here before
you were born
I will be here long after
you are dead
I am free from birth
I am free from death
birth and death are
not meant for me.
I have witnessed many flowers
a large variety of flowers
spreading fragrance all around
blooming in my sprawling,
beautiful garden
I have witnessed
many flowers getting faded
and withering away
when ever a flower bud
opens its eyes
a beaming smile conquers me
when a flower fades
and wither away in the
sunset of its life
my eyes turn moist
experiences a lump in the throat
but
I am destined to
witness all
both birth and death
alas, from this eternal existence
I have no escape
welcoming the fresh
blooms
bidding adieu to the
withering blooms
which I am entrusted with.
Sometimes, I do feel I have
births galore
sometimes, I do feel I have
deaths galore
the blooming flowers
and withering flowers
remind me of births and deaths.
Behold,
a flower has bloomed in the garden just now
let me for a split-second
keep a beaming smile.
Ephemeral is my delight
Ephemeral is my sorrow.  
An eternal smile is
not my destiny.               

No comments: