Saturday, September 8, 2012

THE VACUUM


I stopped watering my rose-plants
the very day you left me alone
after gifting me a spring season.
Every day I came to you
to gift a rose-flower
as a token of my intense
and irresistible love towards you.
Now that you have
left a vacuum in my life
I find my life crawling
like a snail.
Once, while you were a
part of my life
I used to smile to myself
closing the door of my room
and danced
like a peacock.
I thought you would   
never leave me alone
but destiny decided otherwise
now that the rose-plants
are gone
unable to withstand 
the torch of summer.
And I withdrew
into my own shell
where only the vacuum exists.
You might be recalling
those days
when we sat side by side
looking straight into
the eyes without blinking
till our eyes turned moist
you must be recalling
the moment when
our lips touched the first time in our life.
That moment is still
etched in my mind
I know you also keep
it for yourself
it was such a precious
hilarious moment in our life.

No comments: