Sunday, July 28, 2013

MY PARENTS


‘We fed you with sweet milk and butter
we showered rains of love up on you
we gave you care and protection
we provided you the elixir of education 
we taught you the dos and don’ts
and
we saw you growing taller
and taller like a coconut tree
rather like a full bloom
what all you needed  once
we provided you it
it is time you fend for yourself
otherwise earn to stand on your feet.’
-          One day my parents
called me by their side
and advised me.
They were two calm, serene
lakes speaking out
yet ripples coursed
through my spine in
quick succession
disbelieving my eyes and ears
for a few seconds
for a few seconds only….
Like an obedient child,
I could come to grip
with my parents advice
within minutes
and I started learning to tread
paths to the future alone
with gratitudes galore
towards my parents……

No comments: