Tuesday, September 3, 2013

ON A CLEAR, BLUE ,STARRY NIGHT….


On a clear, blue starry night
a star from the skies
reached my hands
to my embarrassment and surprise.
The warmth and vibrations
I felt inside my hands
I was at a  loss to know
what to do with the star
vibrating inside my grip.
When I was about to
throw away in the
backyards of my residence
I heard as if like an oracle  ‘my child, my dear child,
I am your beloved Dad
coming all the way from the skies
where life to me is virtually suffocating
breaking away the shackles I came down
straight into your hands
to spend my days with you, dear child’ –
-the familiarity of my Dad’s voice made me
weep like a child for some moments
unable to mutter anything
yet it seemed incomprehensible and unbelievable.
My mind went back to the green days
of my early childhood
when Dad and I in the moonlit starlit nights
walked along the courtyard
looking up to the moon and twinkling stars
those were days I cried for the moon and stars
not knowing it was something beyond
the capacity of my Dad.
I was recalling the days
he rained kisses galore
on my cheeks and he was love personified.
‘Dad I will never ever
throw away into the
backyards, instead you are
going to be with me the
rest of the days’ - assured I to my Dad
whose face was inscribed in it.
What about my kith and kin Dad?
If they could also come falling into my hands
It would have made us cheerful for ever’ - I was inquiring him
‘Son, I do not know
where they are 
wherever they are they
too must be slugging out to break the chains
and come down into your hands’
‘Son, the laws of heaven are
more stringent than the
laws here on this earth.
Looking up from here I too once
felt like there all are in good spirits
but, no my son.’
On listening to his words
I was wondering the
ways of the heaven…………..

No comments: