Wednesday, January 22, 2014

ON THE WAY

On the way I could
witness life in its crude form.
On the way I could witness needles of
biting cold piercing the young and old alike,
claiming the lives men, women and children
for lack of woollen blankets
to cover their bodies.
On the way
I could witness
famine and hunger
stalking and choking
the refugees to death who
fled for life from their native land
where civil war was
tearing apart the lives of lakhs of innocents.
On the way
I could witness
the inmates of the refugee camps
crying aloud for food, water and medicines
but no good Samaritan
turned up to provide them succour.
On the way I could witness
media-persons visiting them
talking to them
taking pictures of
them and informing the
world over about the
plight of the refugees.
On the way
I couldn’t meet any
politicians whom the refugees
voted to power reposing
their faith in them.
In the meanwhile they were celebrating
and partying spending lakhs
while the furnace of
hunger was burning

the refugees’ stomachs.  

No comments: