Monday, January 13, 2014

WITH THE FLOW OF TIME

It was a golden period in our life.
It was a glorious time in our life.
Father, mother, myself
and my siblings.
All under one roof.
Affectionate, caring father
equally loving and protective mother
all under one roof
music of harmony spread the ambience
and the surroundings of our home.
My childhood, boyhood,
teens and my youth.
On successful
completion of my studies
I began applying for jobs
sent applications to
different institutions at different places.
Finally an institution
a reputed institution
sent me a call letter
requesting me to appear for a test
and if I emerged successful
then an interview
and in the interview
if I emerged in flying colors
the appointment letter
then and there delivered to me.
A top of the world feeling
overpowered me.
On getting selection
I became a part
of a Metropolitan city
where I felt like an outsider
rather a stranger
milling crows , vehicles
trains, buses, cars, autorickshaws
tonga vallas
all flowing like rivers
to and fro journeys
the first one month
was a tormenting experience.
Like a girl losing
her virginity
my identity bid farewell to me
and  identity crisis stared in my face.
Concrete forests,
flats and companies spitting fire
into the sky, oceans of slums,
all suffocating to me.
I mulled returning
to my native land
where I was a familiar
face to the
natives of my village
where I experienced
glory at home
and across the village.
But I nipped the bud of desire.
I had to
since I couldn’t depend upon
my parents the entire life
decided once and for all to continue
my existence in the city.
Parents, siblings and my
first lover who deserted
me and got married to another person
which was painful
to me for long period.
With days flowing like a river
I got accustomed to my city life 
cultivated many friendships
life moved on a smooth plain.
Time never stops.
Like me my siblings too
got appointments in
different cities
leaving parents alone.
Old age loneliness something unbearable
we all knew, but were sad and helpless
since existence is supreme to
everyone,
myself and my siblings felt
faceless in the crowded city.  

      

No comments: