Friday, August 14, 2015

FLOTSAM AND JETSAM


POEM

Down the flotsam and jetsam of the city 
on a fiery sunny day
wandering along the
streets of the cosmopolitan city  
I was praying earnestly
for a secluded, serene, calm and tranquil corner
of the city which is ‘far from the madding crowd’
where silence, peace, coolness reigned supreme
in order to release the red hot lava
flowing down the volcano of my fretting and fuming mind
since more than an hour.
To my surprise and embarrassment
some unseen force led me to this Hall of Silence
to the music of silence.
In the pin drop silence
where almost hundred
people had assembled and meditated 
I too joined them and took my seat in one 
of the concrete chairs and started meditating.
How long I sat there, no idea 
But I experienced the comfort of peace,
tranquility and serenity.
From that day onwards
I ensured that I should be there
whenever I get an
opportunity to be there seeking an outlet

from the rough and tumble of the city………  

No comments: