Monday, August 17, 2015

THE TERRACE


POEM

Until the afternoon
Sun was in his ‘true colours’
spreading warm light across the land.
In came the evening slowly, gradually
and along with it to my
embarrassment and sadness
dark clouds started weaving
a blanket in the sky
hiding the sun from my eyes.
Darkness spread across the land
and the evening looked like
the approach of night
untimely approach of night.
Along with it frequent
golden lines of  lightning appeared in
the sky followed by thundershowers
reminding me of ear-splitting explosions
in the battle-fields.
My dream of evening walk
along the terrace
got dimmer and dimmer
and closing the doors
I started walking to and fro
in the hall of my residence
with gloom in my eyes.
Thru the windows I could
see the golden lines of
lightning appearing
and disappearing in split-seconds
and the unrelenting thunder showers
often forcing me  to shut my ears with my palms
to escape from the
spell-binding explosions
piercing my tympanic membranes.
What all I missed
were the  beautiful
landscapes around me near and afar
as also the flats, the pedestrians
and vehicles flowing down the road.
Awaiting to enjoy the
verdant landscapes,
pedestrians and vehicles near and afar next day
went down to my private room, my private world. 

No comments: