Saturday, August 1, 2015

ROMANCE OF TWO FOREST BLOOMS


POEM

Leaning over the balcony
enjoying the golden sun
and warm breeze which filtered through the lush greenery
in the evening yesterday,
I spotted two red blooms kissing each other 
shyly and stealthily
like two lovers in the
nearby forest, yes forest.
Watching their romance
with a beaming smile
oblivious of the surroundings
scenes and talks of the
passerby  walking down the road
both of them came
across me and was seen whispering
to each other with
the shyness still unwilling to fade away.
Deciphering whispers is
something impossible
still I felt like the duo were conveying to
each other something about me.
In my make-believe world of sweet dreams
I prayed earnestly to ever merciful God
to allow them to be there
sharing love in the coming days too….
I was eager to wake up early in the morning
with thumping heart and bated breath
I waited anxiously and with
impatience, unbound impatience
for the golden sun to appear in the western horizon.
God must have decided otherwise.
To my shock and aching heart
I threw my eyes leaning over the balcony
in the absence of the golden sun
the dark cloudy sky was spreading dusky shades
over the earth
the two red blooms have disappeared.
Still without losing hope 
with  the disappearance of
dark clouds , the two lovers
would reappear in
a golden evening kissing
each other….to make me smile with unlimited pleasure………………..


No comments: