Tuesday, September 14, 2010

MY HOME, MY PRIDE

My Home,
my love, my palace,
my heaven.
Here I'm safe,
here I sense the meaning of serenity,
here I derive pleasure,
inspiration,
I'm the Empress, The Queen
the Princess
all in one.
Here I can sing,
to the top of my voice,
to my heart's content,
here I can dance till,
I get tired -
like an enchantress,
here I can laugh aloud,
cry aloud,
here I can read,
write,
enjoy music.
Calm and tranquil,
the ambience,
'far from the madding crowd'.
Born here,
brought-up here,
by my loving, caring,
parents.
My home is everything
to me
please, well-wisher
please,
hate thee not,
my home,
hate thee not its tiled roof,
hate not its grimy walls,
hate not its ancient little
doors and windows.
Queen, Princess and Empress,
myself here,
my home, my palace,
I'm its proud owner,
it is my gem of a love,
it is everything to me.
Standing here,
with folded palms,
my eyes and ears reach the
adjacent temple and pray
before the
bejewelled shining idol of my beloved
Goddess,
flickering oil lamps all around,
occassional blowing of conch-shell,
frequent chanting of bells,
percussionist's sleight of hand,
producing rhythmic sounds,
the doves feeding grains,
fluttering around.
My Home,
My Love,
My Heaven.

No comments: