Tuesday, September 14, 2010

UNREQUITTED LOVE

Fond of me he was,
fondled,
cared,
and loved me profusely
like his own kid.
I grew up for him,
I gave him blooms,
I gave him fragrance,
scent emanated from me
exclusively for him.
I gave him sweet, edible
fruits,
with my seeds embedded in them,
like invaluable jewels,
hidden inside a casket.
He came near me daily,
with his better-half,
his kids,
all elated by my proximity,
me elated by their proximity,
their words of appreciation,
music to my ears,
or like a rain,
watering a desert flower.
Days of celebrations,
and intoxicated with his love,
but not lasted long.
Those happy days gone,
from our life,
like a blue sky,
getting cloudier, darker,
changing the entire,
atmosphere, grief-stricken.
Kept he aloof from me,
kept all aloof from me,
leaving me sad and forlorn,
my unrequited love,
that of ditched lover.
...........One day,
he came to me,
glanced at me,
tended me
sadness still etched in
his eyes, face,
my leaves, blooms
bowed down before him,
dew drops like tear drops
touching the ground
silent communication
told me all about
his family's,
departure to
a far away city,
and about a
strange new comer
appearing on the
scene.
Leaving me alone
one day all went
tried he not to
cast a glance at me
tried me not to
cast a glance at him.
Like a desert-flower
rooted me there,
the unrequited love of,
a ditched lover.

No comments: