Tuesday, March 29, 2011

THE CHASM

My life is a pendulum
oscillating from left to right
and right to left
without any rest.
Pappa and Mamma are
two different poles
mentally and physically
no meeting ground
whatsoever.
Sometimes with Pappa
sometimes with Mamma
I have two claimants
already.
Pappa and Mamma are
dearer to me
equally dearer to me.
Enjoying all comforts of
life I am led along.
But unbridgeable chasm
the widened chasm
separating Pappa and Mamma
makes my life a hell
though it’s my secret pain.
But I display not by
grief, agony and sadness
unbearable and gnawing all.
Often I ask Pappa
the reason behind him
keeping aloof from Mamma.
Pappa’s answer always
a smile and caressing and
a long pause
nothing other than that.
When with Mamma
I inquire her what
was the compelling reason
behind their her keeping
apart from him.
Mamma too displays a
tearful smile and plant
a warm kiss on my cheeks
and a long pause.
Still a pendulum
oscillating from left to right
and right to left
between two separate
poles,
I am led along
like a stringed doll.
The doll but sheds
tears when alone
and aloof.

No comments: