Saturday, June 18, 2011

MY MEMORIES GUSH FORTH

Unlocked the door
thrown open the windows and doors
switched on the lights and fans
broomed and cleaned the rooms
and verandahs
removed the shibboleths of
memory
spread across the ceilings
and walls
removed the bed-sheet and
spread a new one
gone to hiding the
spiders and lizards
still open the doors and windows
ambience pervaded by an
'old-era' smell of memories
the smell of memories
failed to be driven away
by the speeding fans, windows and doors
sly glances cast thru
the doors and windows by
the moon and stars
rushed inside the cool winds
shadows played in the winds
I will keep the windows
and doors opened throughout
the night
and
lie over the bed
dreaming of my yester years
here the sense of secuirty
casts its net unlike in the city
which denies it totally
at last I am back at my
ancestral home
where I spend my childhood
and adolescent days
listening to the sounds of rustling
leaves and crickets chirping
let me sleep peacefully
enjoying that 'gone-era'
smell of memories until
I go back to the city.

No comments: