Thursday, June 30, 2011

SON RISE

It was due to my
ignorance son
sheer ignorance on my part.
The amount of hatred
you keep towards me deep down
in your heart.
The intensity of anger
you keep in the inner chambers of your heart
towards me though not
you display in front of me
the intensity of fear
still hidden behind the
veil of respect
you keep
all I iknow my son
all because of my ignorance.
My son I loved you,
I cared you
you are God Almighty's
first boon to me
hence I loved you more
still love you more
but while I cared you my
love remained a concealed
wire.
Even your Mother knows not
about that concealed wire
of love connecting you
true, even when you were
a child,
and in your teens
even after your teens
the dictator in your father
dealt with you brutally
beat you up mercilessly
even dealt blows on you
like some law-enforcers
giving vent to their anger
on criminals
I wanted discipline
absolute discipline
nothing short of that
and inorder to keep you from
jumping indiscipline
I built four walls of discipline
around you
all out of love my son
for your bright future
but when I came to know
it was my mistaken notion
and that it is too late
I was heart-broken
love was not for concealment
but for showering profusely
only by
loving like a gurgling stream that
I could shape your
future life
into a bright dawn
to a bright 'son rise'.

No comments: