Tuesday, September 20, 2011

CONCEALED FRUIT

Father always makes wild appearances
and taunts me in my dreams always
his taunts and scoldings frighten me always.
His wide red eyes sent
shudders down my spine and
I would cry aloud and wake up
even in my adulthood.
But I know
in his heart of hearts
he had deep, intense love towards me
that could even surpass
his love towards my siblings.
He never displayed his love
which was always wrapped
in immense seriousness
like an edible fruit
concealed in a hard husk.
His mind I couldn’t read
while I was quite young
and that was natural.
Even after he has gone out
of my life,
everyone’s life
and left for his heavenly abode
he appears in my dreams
and repeats his taunting games
which my hyper-sensitive mind
can’t stand even
at this stage in my life.

No comments: