Monday, September 26, 2011

MEASURING MACHINE

One fine day
a man came to me
to measure the level of
his pleasure
using my newly invented
machine
which I invented after
strenuous research.
Promptly I did measure
the level of his pleasure
and charged a fee.
Quite satisfied the man
was
and he went way in a jovial mood.
He came back
another day
sad he was
dark clouds of agony and sorrow
reflected on his face
and pleaded with me
to measure the level of
his agony and sorrow
promptly I did take the
measurement
and demanded my fee
he didn’t make the payment
instead burst into
a wild laughter
a shocking one that was
hurled sharp stones of choice-epithets
‘you know I was playing
agony and sorrow
and am quite pleasant today.
He threw away my
machine.
‘Mind you
enough is enough
no machine needed to
measure one’s emotions
unlike taking temperatures
Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar etal.
‘At last have some commonsense man’
he counselled me
and briskly made
a walk out.

No comments: