Thursday, September 22, 2011

SOLO PERFORMANCE

The scintillating performance
of the pretty, charming
seductive danseuse
stole my heart.
The heart rending
songs of melody kings
and queens elevated me
to a world of fantasy.
The comedian’s unforgettable jokes
and actions led me to constant
bouts of laughter causing spasmic
excitement
pushing me bite the
dust.
The soul-stirring drama
enacted by veteran actors
forced me sit
in rapt attention, till
the very end.
Upon completion of
all programmes
each one dispersed to
his /her home like birds
flying in different directions
and as I flew alone
to my distant ‘nest’
under the moon-lit, star-lit
sky
in the misty night of December
savouring the cool-breeze.
I felt like dancing
singing, joking and acting
on the way
my mind filled with
ecstasy and rapture
and I felt like an inebriated guy.

No comments: