Wednesday, June 5, 2013

DREAMS OF SPROUTING PLANTS


Let me be a sprouting plant
in any of the gardens
growing on the terraces
of the concrete jungles in
this sprawling metropolis.
Let me rewind my memories
to look around
the thick verdant greenery
elevating me to a plain
of ecstasy while resting under the shade  
of the giant umbrella of the banyan tree 
of my village.
Let me heave deep sighs of nostalgia
on moving fast forward to
witness the grim reality of
the concrete structures
in the place of natural
greenery which ornamented
this vast area  once upon a time.
Instead sitting in the
present tense,
I witness a few
donning green clothes
to display solidarity with a Green Earth.
In these strange times
we need to diarise
namesake dates to
celebrate rather than
formally come to grips with
the menace of certain
abhorrent things staring at our faces….
  

No comments: