Sunday, September 28, 2014

PUNCTUALITY

Sorry,
I am a bit late.
Though the driver drove
with maximum speed,
I am a bit late.
It was neither his fault nor mine.
But for the car was caught in
several traffic jams
for about thirty to forty five minutes
I could have reached
a bit early.
Even otherwise, we Indians
are notorious for not
keeping up time on the
matter of punctuality.
When it comes to
VIPs and VVIPs, it has
become a fashion
to arrive late, sometimes
for hours at a stretch.
I can very well read the
impatience and mockery
written on your faces.
Expressions often convey
messages, sad or happy, you know that.
Even trains, speeding along blaring horns
long distance or short distance ones
are often held up on the tracks
waiting for the signals
to turn green in the place of red.
I wonder whether there
are countries across
the world where punctuality
is the order of the day.
Could be yes or no.
Being like a frog in a well
I haven’t had the
luck to board a flight out of
my mother country
though such a desire is
lurking very much in my mind since years.
Pardon me,
let me come to the

topic before you people get bored….

No comments: