Monday, November 17, 2014

A MAN’S PLEA TO A STAR

Allow me to come out of the
shell of the star
in which I spend my lonely days
to come out and stand on my legs,
take a prolonged sighs of relief
and look down on the
vast sprawling Mother Earth
who gave birth to me
and jump with joy
and exhilaration
when I find out my residence 
among thousands of
residences belonging to various guys.
I can very well stand
erect and look upon
them - my wife and children
while they take a
walk down the courtyard
in the moonlight
looking around cracking
jokes, playing pranks
and occasionally looking up
they happen to see me
watching with delight
from the sky.
The amount of joy and pleasure
they enjoy
singing, dancing and jumping up frequently
are immeasurable.
Such are the feelings
I too enjoy
when I feel assured
that they still recount
the love and fondness I proffered on them 
all still etched on the soft
walls of petals of a red rose
I get elated.
Watching them sharing happy moments
for hours together until I
return to the star
with agony and sorrow enveloping us
is unbearable.


No comments: