Wednesday, November 26, 2014

ROBBER

The day on which
you visited my home
together with your parents
and a few close relatives
I was all joy and happiness.
Only after you went
with your near and dear
I felt something missing within me.
While I was groping
along the dark alleys of my mind   
the light I saw at the end of tunnel
I knew you have stolen my heart.
In the night
after slumping into the bed and lay
your face started playing
hide and seek game
robbing away with my heart.
You came from nowhere in the thick of night
and entered my bed-room stealthily
and lay by my side you asked me :
‘you are still sleepless?’.
I couldn’t find words
to explain my predicament
since I  was drowned in the pond of overjoy.
Hugging me planting kisses galore
down my forehead
lips, cheeks, hillocks and my valleys
you were emotions unlimited
you lay by my side until
I fell asleep
deep sleep it was.
In the morning when
I woke up from
slumber you were not by my side.
My delight vanished and
I plunged into the abyss
of melancholy.
I awaited patiently until
the darkness got thickened.
But you didn’t turn up 
leaving me in tears
and I felt like my
senses going haywire…..
I was still certain you
would come to me one day……


No comments: