Monday, May 18, 2015

THE MOON


POEM

In my early days
while walking down
the azure sky
together with my father
who was the first man
who showed me
the moon and stars
up above the sky.
I always longed for the golden moon.
I always cried for the golden moon
and on listening to
my stubborn attitude and pleas
my father would assure me
he would certainly bring the moon to you
when you are grown up
and consoled me.
Taking him for granted
I would repose my faith in him.
In the meantime
I grew up
and with the infinite time
playing tricks
my beloved father left for
his heavenly abode.
Now that I am an young man
and on glancing the moonlit sky
I saw my father once in a while
and he rained his love and blessings which
made me happy and cheerful
and the nostalgia embraced me
in abundance.
One day I would also
grow up and I evolve
into an old man and
join my father and would spend
my golden days with him.
Life on earth, you know is
always cyclic as long as we spend our
days on earth…..


No comments: