Sunday, December 26, 2010

HER MELANCHOLY

Right or wrong
I care not….
whenever I dash to
the city
always make it a
point to visit her
spend a few minutes
with her
an outing
a cup of coffee, tea,
ice-cream and
come back to the flat.
Upon bidding adieu
plant kisses on
her forehead ,
teary eyes
quivering lips
hold her close to me
lock her in an embrace
for minutes together
then melting into the
crowd
a bye till the next time.
Sitting afar
our cell phones,
kiss
whispering to each other
dreams and pleasantries
and that warm kisses
exchanged.
One day she in a
tone of melancholy
opened her heart out
ever since we parted
depressed I go
my melancholy
like an infection seems like
spreading to my children
and their children
while the city plays rock ‘n’ roll
inside the flat
four separate ‘islands’
four deep sighs
dreams turn nightmares
always eyes wide open
I know, I know
this is a gradual progression
mood swings …
depression, melancholy,
called her daily
to make her cheery
thorns of fear but gnawing me,
growing in me .
One day her mobile,
fell silent
tried and tried
no response
flew me to the city
rushed me to the flat
found me the flat locked
shocked and stood still
saw me a bird,
flying over the roaring
city
flying towards me
who is there to anwer
me?

No comments: