Tuesday, December 14, 2010

MORNING WALK

A walk down,
Marine Drive,
is a pleasurable experience.
The vast expanse
of the morning sea
is calm and quiet ,
like my mother
who is the embodiment
of patience.
Cool breeze blowing
from the sea is
the caress of my mother.
While I was in the
city
I badly missed my mother’s
presence
and mother-sea
always remained in
the place of my mother…
The whispering sea,
always reminded
me of a lullaby
my mother sang to soothe
my nerves while I was her beloved baby.
Walking down from
Marine Drive to Chowpathi
and back
sometimes seated on the
concrete chair
watching the fascinating
infinity like
the infinity up above.
Listening to the whispers
of mother-sea,
its meaning always
known to me only
every morning after the daily visit
I bid bye
to her with the heavy
heart of her son,
to the office
crossing the hurdles of
traffic
in the direction of
my office
from where through the
windows in the 13th floor
of my office
I could watch a slice
of the sea
her conveyance of
messages through the
breeze
like my mother’s
letters inquiring
my welfare quite often.

No comments: