Friday, December 17, 2010

ORPHANAGES – THESE KINDS ALSO

A merry go round
with a close-friend
along the streets of
cosmopolitan city
bathed in the beautiful
yellowish embrace of
sodium-vapour lamps.
Four wheelers and
two wheelers criss-crossing
though
the rush of vehicles
gradually trickling down.
Driving around,
my friend
gifted me his typical smile
then spoke in his
baritone voice :
‘I shall show you
a wonder’.
Eager personified, I sat
looked around
shops and flats
almost shut eyes,
friend slowed down the vehicle
and came to a halt.
‘Watch this’
saw me a multi-storeyed
sky-kissing building
even stars and moon
looking enviously.
‘You response’?
‘Wonderful, marvellous,
that’s all’ – I looked
askance at him.
‘Once upon a time
it was a one-storeyed
orphanage’ – friend smiled -
his typical smile.
‘So what’?
‘Now its a multi-storeyed
orphanage’.
‘What you mean’?
my eyes gone wide
looked at him with
enlarged eyes…incredulous eyes.
Wonder flashed across my eyes
the multi-storeyed wonder,
flashing before me.
Watched me a Copter
landing on top of the
wonder,
red and yellow
shining intermittently.

No comments: