Sunday, October 16, 2011

FLAME OF LOVE

Oh, my beloved
I know not where you are
where ever you are
recall the days
we spent lovely
moments together
the days we whispered sweet little things
in each other’s ears
the days we spent locked
in embraces
with our lips locked together.
Oh, my beloved
recall those days
we kept our love affair
a secret
not because we feared anyone
but because of our selfishness.
Oh, my beloved
recall those days
you handed me a
red rose each day
the fragrance of your love
I felt it inexplicable
and to keep it from
fading away
I dipped its stem
in a bottle filled
with water.
Oh, my beloved
recall the shocking
moment
when a fellow peeped
into our secret life
and spilt the beans
and turned out the
secret affair into a
public secret
which like a wild fire
spread and
reached everyone’s ears
robbing away the sweetness
and charm of our affair.
Oh, my beloved
recall the fateful day
your parents plucked you
away from my life
whether you know the excruciating pain
I felt that day and
the moments I writhed in pain.
Oh, my love
since that fateful day
I know not where
you are
where you were whisked
away
but I know for certain
the flame of our love
would continue to burn intact
till the end of our life
eternal it is
yes eternal it is…..

No comments: