Friday, October 7, 2011

GHOST HOUSE

Doors are open
so are windows
lights are on
so are fans
no sign of life felt inside.
A X’mas star is hanging
twinkling it is
it reminded of an orphan
no signs of life felt inside
curiosity grew like
a mountain.
The gate wide open
walked the cemented path
reached the courtyard
its walls are tidy
no cobwebs seen.
Peeped through the window
yet no life seen inside
no foot steps heard
mustered ample courage
entered the portico
stepped inside the drawing room
saw two garlanded photos of
an old man and a old lady
on the wall side by side
but no sign of life felt
no foot steps heard
‘who’re you’?
I looked around aghast
none seen around
felt like an oracle
can’t you hear, man?
Looked round aghast.
My eyes ran in
the direction of
the photos
flabberghasted I stood
saw me both frowning at me
with eyes wide open
I fled for life
panting.

No comments: