Wednesday, October 26, 2011

PHASES OF EVOLUTION

Phase I
In my childhood
I was both a headache
and a pleasure to my parents
simultaneously.
I played pranks
not only on my
near and dear ones
but whoever I came into
contact with.
I cried a lot, cried
aloud to meet my needs
and I wrested them
from my parents forcibly.
I disrupted my parents’
sleep very often
in the night
sometimes I was showered
with sweet words
sometimes dad or mum
out of anger pinched
or thrashed me eventually
raising the volume of my cries.
Vibrant and energetic always I was.
I was not at all moody
if I were moody
that would have been
painful to them, painful to all.
My parents virtually celebrated
my varying moods ranging
from delight, antics
stubbornness and cries.
Phase II
In my teenage
I changed altogether
I made many friends
both boys and girls
with some girls I romanced
with
watched my changes daily
in the mirror.
The sprouting moustache
beard,
hairy growth in
my private parts
all enthralled me
and I tried to be as much romantic as
possible.

Phase III
In the youth
I evolved into an angry
youngman
revolted against the
establishment
violated conventions
lived the way I liked
cared no one
never hesitated to take
on anyone who dared
me
maturity was something
unfamiliar to me.
My youthful spirit
never lasted for a prolonged period
I bid bye to the youth
evolved into a matured man
an adult in the true
sense
acquired a new outlook
on life
had wife and
children.
Now I look forward to
all what lie forward.

No comments: