Sunday, April 7, 2013

THE UNSTOPPABLE TRAIN


Like an unstoppable
express running apace
beyond  destination
jumping all  hurdles
since time beyond remembrance
I move on.
I am neither God
with the power to guard
you against evils
like diseases, natural calamities,
wars, earthquakes nor famine.
Am neither your enemy
endowed with power to
punish you for the
deeds or misdeeds you might
commit any time in your lives
nor a beast on the prowl
preying any victims
in the forests and beyond their borders.
I don’t know who I am and what I am
I wish, I could.
Like an unstoppable express running apace
beyond destination
I keep on screeching
along or chugging along
hooting sirens non-stop
I keep on moving apace
apace and apace…
beyond destination
from time beyond remembrance….
No amount of force would suffice
to pull the chains in each compartment in me
to bring me to an abrupt halt.  
I don’t know who I am and what I am
I wish, I could.


No comments: