Thursday, February 13, 2014

THE SIGNALS

On the wall of
my conscience
three signals are installed
green, red and yellow.
Whenever I choose to
tread the right path
the green signal
opens its eyes with them glimmering
which means I have
chosen the right path.
Whenever I choose to
enter the forbidden zone
the red light opens eyes
meaning I have violated the warning
for which I have to pay
dearly if not now
in the not too distant future
whenever the green and red
signals close their eyes
clearing the way for
the yellow light to glitter
meaning, I need not
jump the obstacles
since there won’t be 
any hurdles to jump
and that  I can
proceed with confidence and delight all the way….
In this age of soulless, ruthless, sound and fury
none cares to ask oneself whether
the paths chosen by he/she
are right or wrong.
They selectively forget
to ignore rights or wrongs
and for that matter yellow.
Even conscience has disappeared
from majority of mankind
so we need not bother about

the signals - green, red and yellow.

No comments: