Saturday, February 15, 2014

THE SUN RAINING FIRE

The river was
free flowing and crystal clear
with pebbles at
the bottom moving along with ones’ naked eyes
with the current
fishes coming to the surface and diving down.
The vast infinite
area of green paddy fields
the coconut trees
leaning towards the paddy fields
all etched in the recesses of my mind.
In the sunrise of my life
during the leisure times
it was my hobby
to spend my time
on the river bank.
With knicker pockets
pregnant with pebbles
and throwing pebbles one by one
and enjoy the ripples
formed on the surface of the river
for a long time.
During those moments
my delight knew no limits.
With the time passing by
and with me
moving from my village
to the metro far far away
like a plant being
rooted out from one place to another
the blazing Sun raining
fire on the village
the greenery gradually
got vanished
that old free flowing, crystal clear
water got dried up
a grief-stricken I
sometimes flew on the
wings of my imagination
to my land which is
being roasted alive
by a vengeful Sun
for destroying

our once lovable and pretty landscape.  

No comments: