Thursday, August 28, 2014

AN UPHILL TASK

Hills always fascinate me.
In my childhood
in my teenage
in my youth.
The more I climbed up to the top
the more happier I felt.
The speed with which
I ran up the hill
and reached the top
and looked around
was a thrilling experience to me.
I enjoyed the beautiful landscape
all around me
including my house
at the bottom of the hill
and upon noticing my near and dear
roaming around the house
everything filled my mind
like a reservoir reaching its brim.
The more I grew up
the sooner I felt tired
conceding defeat like an army on the run
fearing its enemy country’s soldiers
go on conquering more and more land.
On my way up
mind you, when I am walking across the bridge
of my middle age
to my upper middle age
I am forced to take
rest at several places
before accomplishing my mission of reaching the top.
In case I reach the
sunset of my life
walking up the hill
always makes me shudder
what would I do
if I dream about
climbing up the hill to the top…

An uphill task, an impossible task, no doubt…. 

No comments: