Wednesday, August 13, 2014

HER GIFT

I haven’t kept any
record of the number of days
you gifted me the red roses.
‘My heart’ – you told me the first
time you gifted me the red rose
sorry ‘your heart’.
I haven’t kept any
record of the number of days
we kept our lips locked
enjoying honeyed moments.
I haven’t kept any
record of the number of stories I had told you
and depending upon the various moods and themes
the stories conveyed
I could read the moods
reflected on your face
smiles, laughs, love, agony and sorrow
while you were listening
in rapt attention and with deep interest.
I haven’t kept any record
of the number of times we melt into one.
I haven’t kept any record 
of the number of times
the dusk of gloom conquered you
the reason for which you refused
to reveal with teary eyes.
Now that you are beyond my reach
I am very well aware of the
reason behind the shadow of darkness
falling over your face.


No comments: