Sunday, August 24, 2014

BEYOND ONE’S IMAGINATION

Scene 1 

Somewhere close to
Iraq and Syria
in a vast sprawling desert
under the burning sun,
a terrorist clad in deep dark
wearing an equally deep dark mask
ostensibly to hide his identity
standing beside him was
a flowing orange dressed journalist
with a shaven head
devoid of all hopes
resigned to his fate
his eyes reminded one of
blank dead white sheet.

Scene 2
The assassin
who must have been smiling
with a sharp sword
speaking English
with British accent
perhaps to his victim
perhaps asking to bend the journalist’s neck down.

Scene 3
With the assassin
placing the sharp
sword over the victims neck
shutting my eyes
I ran to my room
with a thudding heart
slumped into my cot
with tears streaming
down my cheeks.
With the blood-chilling act progressing
my friends watching the video
unable to withstand the cruel deed
with their eyes full to the brim
followed me to my room.


*Dedicated to James Foley

No comments: