Sunday, August 3, 2014

FROM THE WAR-FRONT

Holding her lifeless baby
close to her bosom
she was weeping uncontrollably.
My dear,
I did have a dream for you
I did have countless dreams
exclusively for you from the very day of your birth.
I built multi-storeyed skyhigh dreams
which I nurtured and nourished
for you, my gem.
Never, ever I did have any
premonition that eagles
the friends of death
the perpetrators of death
would fly around us to pick your life away,
still, I like a hen
keeping her chicks under her wings
upon espying a red signal from near or afar
you were always under my care.
Yet,
my honey,
the determined, mindless,
heartless, soulless
eagles would fly around us
and forcibly squeeze away
the life of my beloved one, my pretty love
my one and only pretty love, overpowering me.
It would have been
better if those forces of evils
had snatched away my life too…..

I would have offered no resistance…..

No comments: