Friday, August 8, 2014

TRACKS OF LIFE

Held upon the tracks of life
I am impatiently waiting for the red signal to turn green
to forge ahead.
Like an athlete jumping hurdles
to reach his/her finishing point
I am forbidden to jump
the hurdles which reminds
me and warns me of dire consequences.
Sometimes only for seconds or minutes,
sometimes for hours together,
I am condemned to
wait for the red to turn green.
I’ve lost count of the red signals
so far in my life and how many left ahead
for them to turn green
to reach my destination, no idea.
The inordinate delay
for me to pursue my
onward journey often gets on my nerves,
since the delay begets
impatience and boredom.
I can’t recall any smooth journey
in my life without red signals
which always play obstruction tactics.
Red and green intermittently do have
prominent roles to play

in this drama called my life. 

No comments: