Saturday, October 4, 2014

CIRCLE OF SEASONS

Like a couple
after celebrating their initial years of married life
immersed in glory, beauty and pageantry
slowly get bored with one another
and each keeps aloof from one another
like sort of an inclement weather enveloping  them
you people after suffering
unbearably hot summer days
often start praying for my arrival
to escape from the blistering heat
dreaming for the skies to get cloudy
with darkness like a torn blanket pervading the land
expect me to open up the doors of skies
for the torrential rains for days together
like the couple after enjoying
the initial years of life sticking together
getting bored with one another
I too become a burden and bane to you
and incessantly pray to God
to exile me from your land
often forgetting the undeniable fact that
you will have to
pray to me again, again, again and again

to return once again…. 

No comments: