Tuesday, October 14, 2014

UNDER THE MOONLIT, STARRY AZURE NIGHTS

Under the moonlit, starry azure nights
she would appear on
the terrace of her house
clad in a glimmering white gown.
With her hands
folded across the chest
and long flowing hairs
she resembled an angel
who cast shining smiles
at me which elevated
me skyhigh.
While I was residing
hundred meters away
in my home
standing at the gate
I could see her
appear in her white gown
which could attract
a person standing far away.
I knew she was
throwing her eyes at me.
In order to be happy
delighted and ecstatic
I shifted to a
house close to her house which was
a rented building.
From that day onwards
we could see each other
we could smile at each other
which lifted our spirits to skyhigh.
With the approach of night
her house glowed like a palace
a marble palace in white
with the lights and surroundings switched on.
Those days were spring season of our life.
Her parents were there
and siblings were there
all in a congenial ambience.
One day like a thunder
piercing my ears
the owner of my rented house
paid a visit to me
and informed me about his decision
to sell his house
and served me a
one month notice.
That day I couldn’t sleep
sleepless I remained all
through the night
but I had to vacate 
the house at the earliest.
On informing her about
my evacuation
she too faded like a rose flower
and didn’t appear  on the terrace
from that day onwards.
Since I had to avail
of a rented house in
a far away town
I was in a hurry to
vacate the house
and shifted to a flat.
After about one month
with the hope and expectation of having a
glimpse of her
I was aghast to see
her palace like house
demolished by somebody
and on enquiry
came to learn about  a
new owner who bought the house
who demolished the house and leveled it
the reasons for which were
best known to him
whither she went?
whither her parents went?
whither her siblings went?

None had any idea whatsoever.  

No comments: